Shut up, lists are cool.
1. Getting ready for a Family Road Trip to Florida. We leave The Jerz on Xmas day and hope to arrive in sunny FLA on the 27th. My mom flies in from Cleveland on the 27th as well, and 28-31 is Phish Phish Phish Phish. Then on the 1st, because we have a much more ambitious idea of ourselves than reality is likely to reflect, our cracked-out asses start the trudge back North.
2. Sports bras! I know we haven’t talked about my boobs here on the blog for ages, but there’s not much to tell lately. They’ve been covered up more in the past two years than they ever have. I have to wear a bra ALL THE TIME (aside from sleeping) because they sort of have minds of their own these days. Genetics and gravity are not a good mix for me, it would appear. I did finally break down and buy a couple of new sports bras, since the ones I previously wore were not getting done. And I have a shit-ton of running to do in the near future, because I am…
3. Training for a half-marathon. I think this is the 2nd stupidest decision I have ever made (perhaps the 3rd), but I am signed up for a half-marathon in April. Oy.
4. Scrimping and saving. We are dropping quite a bit of cash on this Florida adventure. And then early next year we start with the house renovation, which is going to be amazing in many ways. And apparently we’re going to France in July or thereabouts, so we are all going to have to tighten our belts and save some serious cashola. It can be done (yay, no more truck payment), but it’s going to be totally boring while we do it. Oh well.
5. Thinking about the garden. Spring will be here before we know it (hope!), and I want to be ready this year. I have some prep work that needs to get done before I can start thinking about planting, but I have a list of things that I want to try to grow this year. I hope we don’t get tomato blight again, because that was really disheartening.
6. Oven shopping. Even though I just said we’re trying to save money, I think I’m going to have to get a new oven. Mine has broken THREE TIMES in the past two years, to the tune of about $1000 (which doesn’t include what it will likely cost to fix it in its currently-broken state). This is unacceptable to me, since I can get a NEW, CLEAN, FUNCTIONAL oven for right around that same amount of cash. I may do this, depending on deals and whatnot. More research must be done. Presidents’ Day sales look like our best bet.
7. Cleaning. I am waging a battle against all the dust in my house. I have no idea where it comes from, despite my frequent attacks on the furniture with the Swiffer and daily vacuuming (I use the vacuum as a tool to subdue the dog. Plus, she destroys things and makes huge messes). Dust aside, simply owning a dog and a toddler means we have a fairly stable level of destruction in the house. I’m just trying to stay on top of it. Sigh.
8. Not blogging. I just don’t have much to say these days. There’s plenty going on, but nothing that I really feel like sharing. Meh.
What I’m up to: a list
Shut up, lists are cool.
Comments Off on What I’m up to: a list
Filed under Me Me Me